The Masters of Arts: Teaching in Exceptional Child program is designed for those that
do not have a degree in education or a teaching certificate. The program offers cohesive
online graduate-level coursework and supervised field experiences in special education
content and pedagogy with two options for certification:
- Early Childhood Special Education (birth-third grade)
- Mild/Moderate Cross-Categorical (K-12th grade).
Additionally, graduates with this degree receive education that aligns with state
mandates and brings them to a higher pay scale.
Coursework is offered with online faculty support through advising, mentorship, and
Experience high quality and full-time faculty tech classes.
- 2.75 Cumulative Undergraduate GPA
- Pre-Requisite Courses: PY 120 The Child or PY 521 Advanced Child Development (or equivalent
course) EX 390 Psychology of the Exceptional Child or EX 635 Psychology of the Exceptional
Child (or equivalent course)
- Completion of Missouri Educator Profile (MEP) Passing score on admission exam: Mild/Moderate
Cross Categorical emphasis area: Passing Score: 007 – 010 Elementary Education MO
- OR Early Childhood Special Education emphasis area: Passing Score: 064 Early Childhood
Education MO Content Assessment