The Master of Arts in Exceptional Child Education at Southeast Missouri State University
is an online graduate degree that offers three emphasis areas:
- Mild/Moderate Cross-Categorical
- and Early Childhood Special Education
(Note: this graduate program does not lead to an initial teaching certificate, but
does offer an add-on certificate in Early Childhood Special Education).
This program has 33 credit hours of course work, all online, making the program convenient
for busy classroom teachers. The Master of Arts in Exceptional Child Education is
designed to support the following:
- General classroom teachers in their work with students with special needs.
- Special education teachers with the desire to deepen their teaching skills and knowledge.
- Offering additional teaching certification.
- The applicant must have a teaching certificate or a qualifying score on the Missouri
Content Examor take and be in the 50th percentile of the verbal and analytic components of the Graduate Record Examination
(GRE) or the Millers Analogy Test (MAT).
- Undergraduate grade point average of 2.75.